The Cardinal Column

The Student News Site of Gainesville High School

The Cardinal Column

The Cardinal Column

Josie Wilcoski
Josie Wilcoski
April 23, 2024
SZAs SOS Tour
SZA's SOS Tour
April 23, 2024
OJ Simpson is Dead
OJ Simpson is Dead
April 23, 2024

Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse

By: Imani Price

The story of the Spider-Verse was very well-told and genuinely has one of the best art styles in animated history. The animations are godly with every frame captured perfectly. 

The comic book theme is perfect for most scenes. I loved all the characters with their diverse abilities. Including the scenes of Miles meeting all the spider people from different earths and dimensions. Those scenes really meant a lot to me and are one of the many things that enhance the beauty of this movie.

Miles is still in his version of his dimension. He was clearly having difficulty being Spider-Man. His concerns about his relationship with his mom and dad are hindering him from being honest with them. Miles and his dad got into an altercation with The Spot originally known as a scientist Dr. Jonathan Ohnn. 

The story of The Spot started when Miles and Peter B. Parker was trying to escape Alchemax and threw a stolen bagel and hit him in the face in the previous movie. The Spot ends up being significantly more dangerous as his powers grow. His powers slowly extended until he undergoes a complete transformation. All black while the spots are white. He became a threat to the multiverse and it is up to Miles to stop him. 

That did not happen when he escaped Miguel O’Hara and ended up in a new dimension which was not his. I felt really disappointed when the movie ended when Gwen Stacy discovered the band that she believed she belonged with even though I admire her character. 

I think the family drama I saw was important because it added to the weight of the characters and their relationships. Miles cherishes his family and everything he’s doing in the world is for them. This relates to the scene of the battle between Miguel and Miles. Miles embraces his destiny to be a hero who tells his own story. 

I felt the liveliness and enthusiasm in the film. Spider-Verse did a fantastic job of displaying an amazing superhero background and creation.