The Cardinal Column

The Student News Site of Gainesville High School

The Cardinal Column

The Cardinal Column

Josie Wilcoski
Josie Wilcoski
April 23, 2024
SZAs SOS Tour
SZA's SOS Tour
April 23, 2024
OJ Simpson is Dead
OJ Simpson is Dead
April 23, 2024

National Honors Society

Its Kickstart to the Year
National Honors Society

Gainesville High School’s National Honors Society has kicked off for the 2023-2024 school year. 

Newly accepted students picked either November 27th or 28th to attend their first meeting. At this large meeting, with over 100 new members, students signed the bylaws of the organization and learned about their service requirements, the code of conduct and were added to the GHS Clubs and Organizations Canvas page, which holds all the information for NHS, including meeting dates and service opportunities. 

On November 30th, students were invited to walk the auditorium stage in order to be inducted into the society. Refreshments were provided and families were invited to enjoy the occasion and celebrate their child’s accomplishments. 

In order to maintain their position as a member of NHS, students must maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher, complete 15 hours of service, attend the majority of meetings and pay yearly dues. 

Students are also expected to constantly exhibit an exemplary character, as they are representing Gainesville High School as a scholar and role model.