Baseball is Starting Up!

Baseball+Glove

Emma Harvey

Baseball Glove

Emma Harvey, Journalist

In case you missed it, Gainesville High Schools baseball training has started! Thursday, August 25th an interest meeting was held explaining exactly what they are looking for, and what they are trying to improve.

To qualify in tryouts, you must be passing at least five classes with only two C’s, and you need to receive your concussion training. One valuable point brought up is to make sure you show up to the first day of tryouts, since it’s one of the most important days.

Even though the baseball season doesn’t start until March, coaches John Miller and Daniel Tavenner have set up training sessions for the off season. Monday’s will be regular practice days, and Tuesdays will be more specific training either on the outfield with Coach Miller, or working on hitting with Coach Tavenner On Thursdays, the players will switch places. Also on Thursdays, freshman will be learning more about baseball at freshman academy, taking place from 4pm to 5pm

Baseball players also get a chance to do a lot of events and activities, like Combine Day (August 29th), Halloween scrimmage which is where you dress up in costumes and play baseball that will take place on October 31, he Omaha Challenge which will happen November 17th through the –19th, and finally the Thanksgiving dinner with the team which will happen on November 21st.

The baseball season is already off to a great start, and we can’t wait to see what’s in store for the Cardinals.