PWCS Homecoming Season

Erynn Alvernaz

Decorations at the GHS homecoming

Erynn Alvernaz, Journalist

Students enjoyed the Gainsville High School Homecoming on Saturday, October 15th. 

They enjoyed seeing everyone dressed up in nice clothes, the music, and, of course, the food. Freshman Amel Holland enjoyed the never-ending flow of cheese. 

“They had like, constant platters of cheese,” Holland said.  

The cheese was the primary reason she liked Homecoming, but she also enjoyed the music and the DJ.  

Other students liked the fact that people were allowed to get onstage and sing their hearts out with an interactive DJ set on the dance floor.

“I really liked when people were going up onstage and singing. Our DJ was really cool. 

He made Homecoming special. I liked that everyone was having a 

good time. You know, everyone was dressed very nicely. We were having a good time, and  

you know, being free,” Price said.  

On Saturday the 8th from 8 P.M. to 11 P.M., Battlefield had a Homecoming. Freshman Jacob 

Valentin, who goes to Battlefield, enjoyed being able to see friends that went to Gainesville  

when he went to Battlefield. 

“I liked that I was able to see friends that went to Gainesville when I went to  

Battlefield,” Valentin said.  

One of the things that Valentin liked the most was that the event was not so loud that it was hard 

to hear the music being played.  On the dance floor though, it was deafening.  

“It was hard to hear myself think because the music being played was loud, especially so close  

to the DJ booth,” Valentin said. 

Gainesville’s homecoming seems to be a success in the eyes of the students. From the music to  

the guests to even the cheese. Homecoming, at least in the eyes of students, is a great start 

to Gainesville’s second year.  

Meanwhile, Battlefield had snack food, such as pretzels, lemonade, cookies, veggies, and fruit.  

The music played was mostly 90’s to 2017 music, but there was a dance circle in the middle 

Of the floor. Some people hung back and some danced, while others ate. Most people stayed 

about an hour and a half.   

to Gainesville’s second year.