The Cardinal Column

The Student News Site of Gainesville High School

The Cardinal Column

The Cardinal Column

Josie Wilcoski
Josie Wilcoski
April 23, 2024
SZAs SOS Tour
SZA's SOS Tour
April 23, 2024
OJ Simpson is Dead
OJ Simpson is Dead
April 23, 2024

Gainesville High School’s October Touch Base Conferences

On Monday, October 9th, Gainesville High School will be holding their Touch Base Conferences. From 7:30-9:30, there will be parent-teacher conferences, spirit wear sales, information tables, and information sessions.

The parent-teacher meetings are about five minutes long, and serve as a brief check-in between parents and teachers to touch base on student progress so far this school year. As we near the end of the quarter and students have gotten more comfortable with their classes and teachers, these conferences are an important way to maintain communication between staff and families. 

There will also be spirit wear sales and information tables set up by the Cardinal Athletic Boosters Club at the school during the conferences. These areas will be located by the atrium and main entrance and will be open and running throughout the event from 7:30-9:30 A.M. 

The Gainesville High School staff will also host information sessions at various points during the event. They will start at 7:30 A.M., and the last session will conclude at 8:20 A.M. These information sessions will include topics like parent-staff relationships, senior parent/guardian questions, and PSAT preparation. The information sessions will be held in our school’s lecture halls and will be presented by members of our staff and administrative directors. 

The first Touch Base meeting of the 2023-2024 school year will be an important and informative event for the parents of Gainesville students, and the information shared will be very valuable for GHS parents.