The Cardinal Column

The Student News Site of Gainesville High School

The Cardinal Column

The Cardinal Column

Josie Wilcoski
Josie Wilcoski
April 23, 2024
SZAs SOS Tour
SZA's SOS Tour
April 23, 2024
OJ Simpson is Dead
OJ Simpson is Dead
April 23, 2024

NEST

By: Emma Harvey

Many students know the odd in-between classes. Some like the in-between classes whereas others enjoyed the homeroom class they had last year. The students who came here last year had different opinions on the nest and here’s how they felt. 

“Honestly, I like the nest [block], but I like just the advisory part of it because we can get work done,” Senior Layla Taormina said.

“I would like it if we could get passes from teachers to see them if we need help. I was fine with our nest before so I dont think it would help extra if I did have it every year.” 

On the other hand, Junior Carly Rossi completely disagrees with the nest block, “I don’t really like nest. I dont think it’s necessary[and] I think just having a study hall is fine. It wouldn’t have helped me in my past years here at Gainesville.” Rossi said.

These two students had relatively the same opinion. Advisory is better and more efficient than nest. Also, some teachers teach new things during nest whereas other teachers use it as a study hall for their class.

“I like Nest because you get to review topics with your teachers and it helps us stay organized with upcoming events in that particular class,” Sophomore Hayden Forsburg said.  “I do like it, but I don’t really think it’s necessary and it confuses the schedule. I think if we started nest when we were freshman it would make a lot more sense and it wouldn’t be so confusing.”  

“I like the concept of nest. However, I think it is too early in the school year to tell if it is beneficial or not. I think if it continues through my 4 years then it’ll help and it’ll build a routine.” Samantha Lee said.