The Cardinal Column

The Student News Site of Gainesville High School

The Cardinal Column

The Cardinal Column

Josie Wilcoski
Josie Wilcoski
April 23, 2024
SZAs SOS Tour
SZA's SOS Tour
April 23, 2024
OJ Simpson is Dead
OJ Simpson is Dead
April 23, 2024

Hazbin Hotel: The Best Adult Animated Comedy of 2024

Amazon Prime

Hazbin Hotel is a 2024 adult animated musical series that is touching the hearts of viewers due to its discussion of serious political and social issues, along with the entertaining and funny foul language and explicit content that comes with most adult series. 

The show follows the Princess of Hell, Charlie Morningstar and her journey to try and redeem the sinners in her realm by opening a hotel so that everyone can thrive in Heaven. Her plans get thwarted by the council members of Heaven and her plan to open the small, but thriving Hazbin Hotel to the rest of the public seems to be an unlikely dream. 

The creator of this show, Vivienne “ViziePop” Medrano cast the voice actors wonderfully, as every character had a voice that fit their design beautifully. Alastor the Radio Demon (Amir Talai) had exceptional diction, even with his distorted, 1950s-radio-like voice effect. 

The design of every character was both visually appealing and socially diverse; Every resident of Hell was seen with a different vile characteristic, whether it was a serpent tongue, hooves, horns, missing body parts, or blood splattered clothes. Each character also had sharp fangs which greatly differed from the clean smiles of the angels. 

The characters were very diverse, as there were sinners of every kind; alcoholics, cannibals, drug addicts, and even adult film stars. Angel Dust (Blake Roman) was an adult film actor during his life and is seen continuing his career in the afterlife. Although his flirtatious and provocative character seemed to only exist for comedic effect, his song in episode 4 titled “Poison” shared his deeper thoughts on how he wishes he didn’t choose this life, especially in death. He explains to his unlikely friend Husk (who later joins the song as a duet) that he only wants to ruin himself so that he won’t be his abusive boss’s “favorite toy” anymore. 

Overall, this was a highly enjoyable show that was funny and contained wonderfully catchy musical numbers, but also discussed real issues that are pertinent in todays society, and maybe even after death.