The Cardinal Column

The Student News Site of Gainesville High School

The Cardinal Column

The Cardinal Column

Josie Wilcoski
Josie Wilcoski
April 23, 2024
SZAs SOS Tour
SZA's SOS Tour
April 23, 2024
OJ Simpson is Dead
OJ Simpson is Dead
April 23, 2024

Josie Wilcoski

Josie Wilcoski

As senior year is ending, Seniors are getting ready for post-high school plans, sports ending and finding themselves. 

Josie Wilcoski,  a senior, is a student–athlete who runs track and field. Unfortunately, though, Wilcoski’s indoor track season was cut short due to an injury. Now, Wilcoski says she’s come back better than ever after her injury. 

“It’s been nice being a student-athlete, not only am I able to make friends through the team, and I’ve made some lifelong friends,” said Wilcoski, “It felt really sad ending running because it’s been such a huge part of my high school life.”   

After getting injured and cutting her winter season short, she had doubts about going back. 

“My struggle coming back to running was honestly the mental block. I was worried about re-injuring myself and I was worried about finding my spot on the team again,” Wilcoski said. 

Wilcoski gave her opinion on her senior year.  

“Senior year has been a bit stressful with getting prepared for college, but it’s been really funny and has felt all surreal.” said Wilcoski.  

Now that graduation is only a month away, seniors are slowly starting to commit to colleges and Wilcoski made her decision a couple of days ago.  

“I plan to attend Christopher Newport for 5 years and get my bachelor’s degree in fine arts and a master’s in teaching,” Wilcoski said, “I’m most excited for furthering my art in college.” 

Before starting a new chapter in her life, Wilcoski wants to cherish these moments before graduation. Wilcoski plans on spending the rest of her time before college enjoying life and planning for her future.  

“I look forward to having a good summer, getting ready for college and graduating!” said Wilcoski.